Friday, April 16, 2010

The blahg is up and running!



If this is your first visit, take some time to read the Who Are We page.


When we got the idea to create a blog, I was a bit skeptical.  Computers? My mother?  No thank you.  But my mom’s friend assured her that it was easy.  “Just use blogspot.  It takes five minutes!” So my mom watched a webinar that teaches you about social network marketing, and she was feeling pretty good about it.  But the process still seemed a little daunting.  In steps my cousin David.


What would we do without David?  Lucky for us, David just so happens to be a computer genius. He is a student at MIT, so “nuff said”.  Anyways, David, who gets his mad technology skills from some unknown source way down the family line, happened to be on break when we dove head first into this endeavor.  So we lured him here with the promise of a good job and homemade brownies (hard to resist, I know).

It was not nearly as easy as we thought.  I came home from school last week to find David writing his own code on the computer.  I repeat: he was making up his own code.  The gibberish on the computer was simply too much for me, so I went downstairs to snack on some grapes and read The Great Gatsby, but after five-hundred-billion hours of grueling typing and clicking and code-writing and staring at numbers and symbols and connect-the-dot patterns on the screen, here we are with a fully functioning website-blog-thing.  Who knew it could be so easy?

Anyways, now that the blahg is up and running, we want to hear YOUR COMMENTS.  Feedback, stories, reactions, anything that comes to mind, we want to hear all about it.  We want this to be an interactive experience, so enough about my mom and I.  We want to hear your thoughts.  And of course, enjoy the bags.



-Emma

5 comments:

  1. Here's my comment: you're amazing! Great job getting this up and running so quickly. Here's hoping you'll sell out in a week.

    PS to everyone who reads this: buy the bags! I have 2 and I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the proud owner of the cutest vinyl bag in the history of the world (along with several table runners, placemats, napkin rings, coasters, pillows and ottomans) I can safely say you will love these bags. Love the blahg, and WOW -that logo really looks like both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the bags are gorgeous and it's WAY too easy to purchase them! I can't wait to get mine. ( I also love the blog)

    Carrie (also a Starbucks addict)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom learned how to use technology to create this blog! Only an extremely worthy cause could lead to such an epic time investment. Seriously, though, these are truly unique and you should buy one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gals in our family love your totes. We own two of your early bags (vintage vinyl?) and have been spotted using them as a purse, book bag, beach bag and eco-friendly grocery bag.
    My college bound daughter and her posse have an idea for ThreeChairs. They have been hunting for the perfect tiny saddle bag to hold essentials. I think they are looking ahead to frat parties!

    ReplyDelete